This yummy dish is something the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, stems trimmed, outer leaves removed
- 2/3 c. shaved Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 c. lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 c. roughly chopped rinsed and drained capers
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped mint leaves
- Shred Brussels sprouts thinly with a food processor or a sharp knife.
- Place in a large bowl; toss with cheese, lemon juice, capers, salt, pepper to taste, and olive oil.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with more cheese and mint.
395 cal, 35 g fat (8 g saturated), 12 g protein, 11 g carb, 3 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 815 mg sodium, 27 mg cholesterol per serving
From the forthcoming book The Happy Cook: 125 Recipes for Eating Every Day Like It's the Weekend by Daphne Oz. Copyright © 2016 by Daphne Oz. To be published on September 20 1016 by William Morrow Cookbooks, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.