- 1⁄4 c. quinoa, rinsed
- 3⁄4 lb. skinless salmon fillet, chopped in a food processor
- 3⁄4 c. finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 c. finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 c. chopped chives
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- vegetable oil, for grill
- whole wheat flatbread or pita, cut into 8 squares or wedges
- Bring 1⁄2 cup water and the quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 min. Let cool.
- Mix together salmon, celery, shallot, chives, egg, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cooked quinoa. Form mixture into 4 patties (about 4 inches each).
- Heat a well-oiled grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook burgers, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 min per side. Serve between flatbread squares.
- Toppers Mango Salsa, Spicy Guacamole
272 cal, 6 g fat (1 g saturated), 24 g protein, 31 g carb, 3 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 497 mg sodium, 86 mg cholesterol per serving.
This recipe originally appeared in the June 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.