Quickly roasting the frozen corn is a great way to bring out a smoky favor.
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 c. frozen corn
- 11⁄2 tbsp. diced tomato
- 1 tbsp. diced red onion
- 11⁄2 tsp. lime juice
- 3⁄4 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 tsp. minced seeded jalapeño
- pinch ground cumin
- pinch coarse salt
- 1⁄2 c. cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 c. rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1⁄4 avocado, sliced or 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- 2 tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread corn on sheet and roast until golden brown, about 15 min.
- Combine corn with rest of salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Put brown rice, black beans, corn salsa, and avocado in a serving bowl. Top with cheese and garnish with cilantro.
369 cal, 12 g fat (4 g saturated), 15 g protein, 56 g carb, 4 g sugar, 12 g fiber, 566 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the June 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.