This tart is loaded with vitamin A, potassium, and calcium.
- 4 large collard greens leaves, about 9x12 inches each
- 12 oz. (½-inch slices) turkey or cooked chicken
- 8 tomato slices
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- coarse-grain mustard, sriracha, pesto, mango chutney, or other condiment (optional)
- olive oil, to brush on leaves
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Break off the thick stems from collards, leaving the leafy portions intact. Boil leaves until bright green and pliable, about 1 ½ minutes. Submerge in ice water bath. When cool, pat dry.
- Lay leaves on a work surface. Divide turkey, tomato, avocado, and cheese equally among the four leaves. Add a dollop of mustard (or other condiment, if using). Roll each leaf up like a burrito, with sides folded in. Lightly brush surface with oil. (You can store these in the fridge until you're ready to cook, up to 1 hour.)
- Cook each wrap on a panini grill, seam side facing up, until grill marks appear, cheese has melted, and sandwich is heated through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Wipe off grill between sandwiches.
312 cal, 20 g fat (7 g saturated), 24 g protein, 12 g carb, 5 g sugar, 5 g fiber, 982 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the September 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.