Use whole-milk yogurt — it's more stable than low-fat when heated.
- 4 (4-oz) boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, ¼-inch thick or less
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts, sliced, rinsed
- 1 ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ⅓ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp. chopped tarragon
- Season chicken with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Dredge in flour in a bowl; shake off excess.
- Heat 1 ½ Tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning, until golden and cooked through, 6 to 8 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 ½ Tbsp oil to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook mushrooms and leeks with the last ¼ tsp salt and pepper, stirring until golden and tender, about 4 min. Reduce heat to low. Add dry mustard; stir until smooth. Add broth and scrape browned bits from pan; cook, 30 sec.
- Remove pan from heat; mix some sauce into yogurt to warm it. Then stir yogurt and tarragon into sauce off heat until smooth. Spoon sauce over chicken.
318 cal, 16 g fat (3 g saturated), 30 g protein, 13 g carb, 5 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 455 mg sodium, 91 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the September 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.