To unmold, dip the ramekin in hot tap water for 15 seconds, dry, then run a knife along the edge. Invert onto a plate.
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 ½ tsp. plain unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest, plus 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 c. plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ½ c. chopped strawberries
- 2 tsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat milk in a saucepan over low heat until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat and sprinkle in gelatin; let stand, 5 min. Return to low heat and bring just to a simmer, whisking constantly until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 min.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 2 Tbsp honey, the vanilla, and zest. Let cool, 10 min. Place yogurt in a bowl; stir in milk mixture.
- Divide among 4 (½-cup) ramekins or bowls. Refrigerate until set, 2 hrs (or up to 1 day).
- Toss berries with lemon juice and (if the fruit needs sweetening) 1 tsp honey. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top custard with fruit mixture and almonds before serving.
242 cal, 14 g fat (10 g saturated), 11 g protein, 19 g carb, 18 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 61 mg sodium, 26 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the September 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.