- 1 head (1 lb) broccoli
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 5 tbsp. water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 c. toasted walnuts
- Cut florets of 1 head (1 lb) broccoli into 2-inch pieces; peel the leftover stems and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 1⁄4 cup olive oil in a pot with high sides over high heat until shimmering. Cook broccoli, 3 min, then reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring, 3 min more. Reduce heat to low.
- Add 1 tsp coarse salt and 5 Tbsp water. Cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 min.
- Toss with juice of 1⁄2 lemon, 3 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese, 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, and 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts.
284 cal, 25 g fat (4 g saturated), 8 g protein, 13 g carb, 3 g sugar, 5 g fiber, 590 mg sodium, 7 mg cholesterol
This recipe originally appeared in the May 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.