The ribbons are easy to make with a peeler.
- 3 c. cherry or grape tomatoes (any colors), halved
- 2 zucchini and/or yellow summer squash (about 12 oz), sliced into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler or mandoline
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ c. rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1½ c. diced cucumber
- 3 tbsp. chopped dill
- ¾ c. crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- Tossall the ingredients in a serving bowl, seasoning with pepper to taste.
256 cal, 19 g fat (5 g saturated), 7 g protein, 15 g carb, 6 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 615 mg sodium, 19 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the July/August 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.