It's fresh and filling.
- 2 c. fresh corn kernels (from 3 or 4 ears)
- 2½ c. diced zucchini and/or yellow summer squash (about 12 oz)
- 1 tsp. lime zest plus 2 Tbsp lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- sliced fresh red chile, for garnish (optional)
- Toss corn with zucchini, lime zest and juice, oil, and cilantro in a serving bowl. Season with salt, plus pepper to taste. Let stand 20 min before serving. Garnish with chile, if using.
172 cal, 12 g fat (2 g saturated), 3 g protein, 17 g carb, 6 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 258 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the July/August 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.