You'll love this healthy take on the mouth-watering Italian dish.
- ¼ c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- ½ c. whole wheat bread crumbs (no sugar or additives)
- ¼ c. ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 4 (4-oz) thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- lemon wedges
- Mix flour on a plate with ½ tsp salt, plus pepper to taste. On another plate, mix bread crumbs, both kinds of seeds, thyme, remaining ½ tsp salt, and more pepper to taste.
- Dip each cutlet in flour, shaking off any excess, then in egg, and last in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Cook cutlets, swirling pan to get oil underneath, until golden brown on bottoms, 3 to 4 min. Flip. Add remaining Tbsp oil; cook, swirling, 3 to 4 min more. Serve with lemon wedges.
251 cal, 11 g fat (2 g saturated), 27 g protein, 9 g carb, 0 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 320 mg sodium, 109 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the July/August 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.