Shop for lean, hormone-free cuts.
- 2 large Yukon gold or baking potatoes (about 12 oz each)
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 4 small, lean steaks (4 to 5 oz each) such as eye round or filet mignon
- Heat oven to 425°F. Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Spread on a nonstick baking sheet; toss with 2 Tbsp oil, the rosemary, and ¼ tsp salt. Bake until golden brown on bottoms, 30 to 35 min. Turn fries; bake until golden brown all over, 10 to 15 min more.
- While fries bake, let meat come to room temperature, 20 to 30 min. Heat grill to medium-high (or heat a grill pan over medium-high). Brush steaks with remaining tsp oil, and season with remaining ¼ tsp salt, plus pepper to taste. Grill, turning once, 4 to 5 min per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 min before serving.
368 cal, 12 g fat (3 g saturated), 33 g protein, 30 g carb, 0 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 318 mg sodium, 77 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the July/August 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.