Dessert can be clean, too.
- 4 bananas
- natural (no added sugar or oil) almond or peanut butter (optional)
- 8 ice-pop sticks
- 1½ c. chopped bitter- sweet chocolate (70% cacao; 8 oz )
- chopped nuts, toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, and/or cacao nibs
- Halve each banana crosswise, and trim ends. (If using nut butter, halve crosswise again, dab ½ tsp nut butter in middle, and sandwich back together.) Skewer bananas with sticks.
- Chill a parchment-lined baking sheet in freezer. Heat chocolate in a bowl in microwave in 30-sec increments until melted. Stir until smooth. Dip bananas in chocolate, using a spoon to coat (let excess drip off). Sprinkle with nuts, coconut, cacao nibs, or a mix.
- Freeze on baking sheet until firm and set, about 30 min. (Will keep up to 2 weeks in freezer.)
218 cal, 14 g fat (8 g saturated), 4 g protein, 28 g carb, 15 g sugar, 6 g fiber, 2 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the July/August 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.