This might be the best summer treat yet.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- 2 lb. strawberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ c. torn basil
- Puree 2 lb strawberries (trimmed and quartered; 6 ¼ cups) with 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 tsp lemon juice, and ⅛ tsp coarse salt in a blender until smooth.
- Add ¼ cup torn basil, and pulse until chopped to specks.
- Transfer to a shallow airtight container and cover.
- Freeze until firm (at least 4 hrs).
- Scrape with a fork before serving, breaking up large chunks.
- Garnish with more basil (optional).
94 cal per serving
This story originally appeared in the June 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.