The coconut flakes add a tropical touch.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- 2 c. cubed seeded watermelon
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 c. lemon juice (about 8 lemons total)
- 1 c. cold water
- ⅓ c. sugar
- coconut flakes
- Puree 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon with 2 tsp lemon zest and 1 cup lemon juice (about 8 lemons total), 1 cup cold water, and ⅓ cup sugar in a blender until smooth.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and cover.
- Freeze for at least 2 hrs before serving.
- Garnish scoops with toasted unsweetened coconut flakes (optional).
115 cal per serving
This story originally appeared in the June 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.