Whip this easy salad up this summer.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1¼ lb. mixed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ⅓ c. basil
- 1½ tsp. lemon zest
- 8 oz. whole wheat rigatoni
- ½ c. mascarpone cheese
- black pepper
- Heat ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add 3 large garlic cloves (very thinly sliced) and cook, stirring, until golden and crisp, about 5 min.
- Reserve oil and garlic separately, and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine 1¼ lb mixed tomatoes (any size or color; sliced or quartered), ½ tsp coarse salt, a generous pinch of red pepper flakes, ⅓ cup torn basil, and 1½ tsp lemon zest.
- Add reserved oil.
- Let stand, 20 to 30 min. Meanwhile, cook 8 oz whole wheat rigatoni.
- Drain, and let cool slightly, then toss pasta with tomatoes and garlic.
- Dollop with ½ cup mascarpone cheese.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
448 cal per serving
This story originally appeared in the June 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.