Haven't gone kale-crazy? This half-romaine, half-kale mix offers an easy intro to get you hooked.
- ½ c. torn or shredded kale (any color; ribs removed)
- 1 ½ tbsp. golden raisins or unsweetened dried cherries
- ¼ c. diced cantaloupe
- 1 tbsp. chopped pecans
- 4 oz. grilled chicken, sliced or diced (about 1 cup)
- 5 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra- virgin olive oil
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- For the vinaigrette, mix 5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar with 2 Tbsp honey, ¼ tsp coarse salt, and ⅛ tsp pepper. Slowly whisk in 1 Tbsp extra- virgin olive oil.
Summery Chicken Salad: 293 cal, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 24 g protein, 26 g carb, 20 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 626 mg sodium, 57 mg cholesterol per serving
Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette: Makes ½cup; 40cal per Tbsp
This story originally appeared in the June 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.