This recipe is big batch! Store the pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (or in the freezer for up to three months). Then pop them in the toaster or microwave.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. coconut flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- berries, for serving (optional)
- Mash bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and whisk into the mashed banana.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Slowly whisk banana mixture into dry ingredients to combine.
- Lightly spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium heat. In batches, pour in ¼ cup batter for each pancake. Cook until golden brown on bottoms; flip pancakes, and continue to cook until they're golden brown on other sides, about 5 min total.
- Transfer finished pancakes to a plate, and wipe out and spray skillet as needed between batches. Just before serving, top with berries, if you like.
309 cal, 11 g fat (4 g saturated), 15 g protein, 37 g carb, 15 g sugar, 8 g fiber, 227 mg sodium, 372 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the June 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.