This perfectly fruity mix will sweeten your morning.
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 c. whole raw almonds
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c. plain low-fat yogurt
- honey, for sweetening (optional)
- Combine blueberries, banana, almonds, and oats with ¼ cup of the almond milk in a blender until chunky.
- Add another ¼ cup almond milk and blend until smooth. Add the yogurt and blend until mixed in. Add anywhere from ¼ to ¾ cup of remaining almond milk to thin to a consistency you like. Sweeten with honey, if using.
319 cal, 12 g fat (1 g saturated), 10 g protein, 48 g carb, 25 g sugar, 8 g fiber, 129 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the May 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.
Adapted from The Portable Feast: Creative Meals for Work and Play. Copyright © 2016 by Jeanne Kelley. Published by Rizzoli New York. Images copyright © 2016 by Ann Cutting.