This recipe makes six servings. Save the leftovers for lunch!
- 1¾ c. chicken broth or water
- 1 c. quinoa
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- Bring 1¾ cups chicken broth or water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 cup quinoa to pan, cover, and simmer for 15 min.
- Fluff with a fork, transfer to a bowl, and stir in the juice of half a lemon, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and 4 scallions, sliced thin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
130 cal, 4 g fat (0 g saturated), 4 g protein, 19 g carb, 0 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 134 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the October/November 2014 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.