Top it with avocado cream, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, jalapeño, and radish.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. coarse salt and pepper
- 2 c. canned, chopped, or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2½ c. shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 8 (6-inch) corn or whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it turns translucent, 3 to 4 min. Add bell pepper and cook until just browned, 3 to 4 min.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt, plus pepper to taste, and cook, stirring, 30 sec. Add tomatoes and vinegar, and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 10 to 12 min. (If sauce gets too thick, add a splash of water.)
- Add chicken; cook until heated through. Serve filling in tortillas with toppings of your choice (we recommend this yummy Yogurt-Avocado Cream).
268 cal, 13 g fat (3 g saturated), 14 g protein, 33 g carb, 8 g
sugar, 5 g fiber, 843 mg sodium, 31 mg cholesterol per serving (without
This story originally appeared in the May 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.