- 2 medium Pink Lady or Gala apples (about 1 lb), cut into 12 wedges each
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenderloins removed if still attached (about 2 lbs)
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked with 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ c. whole wheat breadcrumbs, preferably panko-style
- 4 c. baby arugula
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Toss the apples with 1 Tbsp olive oil, honey, and rosemary on a rimmed baking sheet; season with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Roast the apples, tossing once, until tender and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with remaining ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Dip in egg white mixture, letting excess drip off, then dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in two batches until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding the remaining 1 Tbsp oil between batches.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and cook in the oven until no longer pink in the center, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Toss roasted apples with arugula in a large bowl and serve alongside chicken.
436 cal, 14 g fat (3 g saturated), 49 g protein, 27 g carb,16 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 813 mg sodium, 125 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the October/November 2014 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.