With whole wheat pita rounds, it's easy to pizza it up any night of the week.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 4 (7-inch) whole wheat pita breads or flatbreads
- 4 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 3 oz. soft goat cheese (about ⅓ cup)
- ¼ c. store-bought pesto
- 2 tbsp. torn mint leaves
- zest of 1 lemon
- A couple pinches of coarse salt
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the asparagus, and cook 30 sec. Rinse under cold water, pat dry, and set aside.
- Place pita breads on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Scatter mozzarella on top of each and dollop with goat cheese. Top with asparagus.
- Bake until cheese is browned in spots, 15 to 20 min.
- Drizzle with pesto, and scatter mint and zest on top. Sprinkle with salt and season with pepper to taste.
424 cal, 19 g fat (8 g saturated), 21g protein, 46 g carb, 3g sugar, 7 g fiber, 820 mg sodium, 33mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the April 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.