- 1 c. plus 1 Tbsp white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ c. plus 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ c. coconut oil (chilled for 5 minutes if liquidy)
- ¼ c. slivered almonds (optional)
- 6 large or 8 small Granny Smith apples (3 lbs), peeled, cored, and sliced into ¼-inch wedges (about 10 cups)
- 2 six oz. containers of raspberries
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Whisk together 1 cup flour, ⅓ cup coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Using your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Add almonds and toss to combine. Chill until needed.
- Toss together apples, raspberries, remaining 1 Tbsp flour, and remaining 1 Tbsp coconut sugar in a large bowl. Transfer to a 3-quart, 9 x 13 x 2 -inch baking dish.
- Scatter topping over fruit. Bake until brown and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Tent with foil if it's browning too quickly.
239 cal, 11 g fat (9 g saturated), 2 g protein, 35 g carb, 22 g sugar, 5 g fiber, 134 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the October/November 2014 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.