- ½ bunch kale, stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 romaine heart, torn into pieces
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Fuji, Empire, or apple of your choice, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ c. pomegranate seeds
- 3 oz. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- To make the salad: Toss together kale; romaine; radishes; apple; pomegranate seeds; and goat cheese.
- To make the dressing: Mix shallot; apple cider vinegar; Dijon mustard; salt; and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. You'll need about half the dressing for the salad; the rest can be stored in the fridge for about a week.
123 cal, 7 g fat (3 g saturated), 5 g protein, 12 g carb, 6 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 179 mg sodium, 7 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the October/November 2014 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.