Ours has less than 6 grams of sugar, because it calls for fresh, potassium-rich grapefruit juice instead of sweetened grapefruit soda.
- 1 oz. tequila
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz. grapefruit liqueur, such as Giffard Crème de Pamplemousse Rose (optional)
- a splash of sparkling water
- grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Combine 1 oz tequila, 1/2 oz lime juice, and 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker full of ice. (Optional: Add 1/2 oz grapefruit liqueur, such as Giffard Crème de Pamplemousse Rose.)
- Shake; strain into a coupe glass.
- Top with a splash of sparkling water. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
This recipe originally appeared in the December 2014 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.