Guinness is low in calories (not too different from a Bud Light) and is lower in alcohol than most draughts. Plus, ginger is a natural stomach soother.
- 1/2 tsp. raw sugar
- 1 oz. ginger liqueur (like Domaine de Canton)
- 4 oz. chilled sparkling wine (white)
- 4 oz. chilled Guinness draught
- candied ginger for garnish
- Moisten the rim of a tall glass with water and dip into about 1/2 tsp raw sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour in 1 oz ginger liqueur (like Domaine de Canton), 4 oz chilled sparkling wine (white), and 4 oz chilled Guinness draught.
- Stir, then garnish with candied ginger.
This recipe originally appeared in the December 2014 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.