The clementines and apples give you a hit of vitamin C—plus, this recipe doesn't use simple syrup (white sugar dissolved in water).
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 2 c. pomegranate juice
- 6 clementines (2 juiced, 4 cut into wedges)
- 1/4 c. triple sec or Cointreau
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- sparking water and fruit to garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine 1 bottle dry red wine, 2 cups pomegranate juice, juice of 2 clementines, and 1/4 cup triple sec or Cointreau.
- Add 4 clementines cut into wedges and 1 thinly sliced apple.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Fill glasses with ice, then pour in sangria until glasses are full. Top off with sparkling water and add a few pieces of fruit.
This recipe originally appeared in the December 2014 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.