Use rotisserie chicken in this recipe to save time.
- 1 c. quinoa, rinsed
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken breast, meat shredded (3 cups), skin removed
- 1 ¼ c. cups sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 c. watercress
- ⅓ c. crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ c. chopped mint
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Combine quinoa, chicken, cherries, watercress, goat cheese, almonds, scallions, mint, and salt.
- Whisk lemon juice with oil. Gently toss with quinoa mixture. Season with pepper to taste.
579 cal, 32 g fat (6 g saturated), 36 g protein, 39 g carb, 7 g sugar, 6 g fiber, 600 mg sodium, 91 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the July/August 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.