Get your chocolate fix early with cocoa powder and cacao nibs.
- ½ c. blueberries (fresh or frozen), plus more for serving
- ⅓ c. multigrain hot cereal (such as Hodgson Mill Multi Grain Cereal with Quinoa and Flax)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- pinch of coarse salt
- ½ banana, sliced
- Handful of raspberries
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs and/or chia seeds
- Bring 1 cup water and the blueberries to a boil. Cook until berries start to burst, 2 to 3 min. Reduce heat to low; stir in cereal, cocoa, syrup, and salt. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 min. Let stand, 1 min.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with banana, raspberries, and more blueberries. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and/or chia seeds.
312 cal, 6 g fat (2 g saturated), 9 g protein, 66 g carb, 24 g sugar, 14 g fiber, 124 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the March 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.
The hottest ticket in daytime TV can be yours. Make your free appointment to see The Dr. Oz Show in NYC: www.doctoroz.com/tickets