Strained yogurt may be the creamiest and most delightful treat nature has ever offered. Greek or Skyr, with few ingredients and minimal processing, its flavor is clean and rich, naturally. Add in some heart-healthy oatmeal, plus antioxidant-packed berries, and you've got yourself a slammin' treat for breakfast.
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk drink or almond milk, plus more for pouring
- 1 c. uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened almond butter
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt or Skyr Icelandic strained yogurt
- 3 tbsp. grade A honey, local, if possible (optional)
- 1 c. fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or sliced strawberries)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and coconut milk drink or almond milk to a boil.
- When the mixture boils, pour in the rolled oats, reduce to a light simmer, stir in the sea salt, and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mixture reaches a porridge-like consistency.
- When the rolled oats are cooked through, divide it equally among three breakfast bowls.
- Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of almond butter and yogurt and 1 teaspoon honey, if using.
- Finish off each bowl with some berries and almond/coconut milk drink, if desired.
- Take your Instagram photo, mix, and eat!