- 2 lb. sweet potatoes (4 medium)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅓ c. coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prick 2 lb sweet potatoes (4 medium) with a fork. Wrap each in foil and bake until soft, 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
- Unwrap and let cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half, and scoop pulp into a bowl, discarding skin.
- Add 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, and ¼ tsp each coarse salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Top with ⅓ cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans.
261 cal, 13 g fat (4 g saturated), 4 g protein, 35 g carb, 11 g sugar, 6 g fiber, 180 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.