Who needs avocado toast when you have these?
- 4 oz. broccoli rabe
- ½ c. chopped onion
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 12 whole-grain baguette toasts
- Boil 4 oz trimmed broccoli rabe in salted water until tender, 2 min. Rinse under cold water; drain and chop (¾ cup).
- Cook ½ cup sliced white mushrooms, ¼ cup chopped onion, ¼ tsp coarse salt, plus pepper to taste in 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until softened, 3 min.
- Add broccoli rabe; cook until heated through, 1 min.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve on 12 whole-grain baguette toasts, sprinkled with a little more olive oil and Parmesan.
148 cal, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 5 g protein, 18 g carb, 2 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 375 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.