Nothing against good old spinach and garlic, but here's a tropical twist.
- 2 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 20 oz. baby spinach
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 c. sliced mango
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened dried coconut
- Heat 2 ½ Tbsp olive oil with 1 Tbsp chili powder in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add four 5-oz containers baby spinach one at a time, allowing each to wilt; season with 1 tsp coarse salt and cook, stirring constantly, until just wilted, about 5 min.
- Gently stir in 1 cup sliced mango and 1 Tbsp lime juice.
- Top with 3 Tbsp toasted unsweetened dried coconut.
164 cal, 11 g fat (3 g saturated), 4 g protein, 13 g carb, 6 g sugar, 5 g fiber, 649 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.