This lemony side dish can be made with regular green beans or the thinner haricots verts.
- 1 lb. trimmed green beans
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- ¼ c. toasted sliced almonds
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Boil 1 lb trimmed green beans until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Toss beans with 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, zest and juice of 1 lemon, ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds, ½ tsp coarse salt, and ¼ tsp pepper.
98 cal, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 3 g protein, 9 g carb, 4 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 295 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.