Your new go-to soup, coming right up.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 3 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 c. chopped zucchini
- coarse salt
- 2 c. diced, peeled butternut squash
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 26 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 3 c. low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 c. chopped kale
- 1 c. rinsed and drained canned chickpeas
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add 1 small onion (chopped) and 1 celery stalk (chopped). Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 min.
- Add 3 cups sliced mushrooms, 1 cup chopped zucchini, and ½ tsp coarse salt. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 min.
- Add 2 cups diced, peeled butternut squash, ¼ tsp dried thyme, one 26-oz can chopped tomatoes, and 3 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth. Bring to a simmer; cook until squash is tender, 10 min.
- Stir in 3 cups chopped kale and 1 cup rinsed and drained canned chickpeas. Cook until heated through, 1 min. Season with ¼ tsp coarse salt.
All Day-Off Diet lunch recipes are under 430 calories per serving.
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.