This isn't your typical bowl of greens.
- 1 c. trimmed green beans
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 c. lettuce
- 3 oz. poached, grilled, or canned salmon
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes
- Cook 1 cup (3 oz) trimmed green beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 2 min. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- Whisk together 1 tsp each Dijon mustard, chopped parsley, and chopped rinsed and drained capers, 1 ½ tsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of coarse salt. Set aside.
- Place 1 microwave-cooked sweet potato (peeled and cut into chunks) onto 2 cups lettuce in a bowl. Arrange 3 oz poached, grilled, or canned salmon, the green beans, and 6 grape or cherry tomatoes (halved) over lettuce.
- Drizzle with dressing and season with pepper to taste.
All Day-Off Diet lunch recipes are under 430 calories per serving.
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.