An easy vegetarian breakfast.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 mushrooms
- coarse salt
- 2 pinches ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 pinches ground turmeric
- 5 oz. firm tofu (drained and crumbled)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 4 grape tomatoes (halved)
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a small skillet over high heat. Add 4 mushrooms (such as white or cremini; trimmed and sliced) and a pinch of coarse salt.
- Cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 min. Meanwhile, stir together 2 pinches each ground cumin and ground turmeric, ¼ tsp each chili powder and coarse salt, and 1 Tbsp water.
- Add 5 oz firm tofu (drained and crumbled), 2 scallions (chopped), 4 grape tomatoes (halved), and the spice mixture to mushrooms.
- Cook until heated through and liquid is cooked off, 1 to 2 min. Garnish with basil (optional). Serve immediately.
All Day-Off Diet breakfast recipes are under 415 calories per serving.
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.