An easy meat-free option.
- 1 head baby bok choy
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- red pepper flakes
- 3 oz. firm tofu (drained and patted dry)
- ¼ red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. water
- ½ c. cooked soba noodles (100% buckwheat)
- Trim and chop 1 head baby bok choy. Heat 1 tsp canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add bok choy; cook, stirring, until stalks are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 min.
- Transfer to a plate. Return pan to medium heat with 1 tsp more canola oil and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Add 3 oz firm tofu (drained and patted dry); sear, flipping once, 1 min per side. Add ¼ red bell pepper (thinly sliced), 2 scallions (sliced), and 1 tsp minced garlic.
- Cook, stirring, 1 min. Add 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, 1 Tbsp water, and ½ cup cooked soba noodles (100% buckwheat). Stir noodles to coat, about 1 min.
- Serve with bok choy. Top with 2 Tbsp more sliced scallion.
All Day-Off Diet dinner recipes are under 520 calories per serving.
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.