If you haven't heard of Pokémon Go, there's a good chance you've been hiding under a rock this past week. (Just like Pikachu. We've been searching for that sneaky Pokémon for days.)
Even if you've somehow resisted downloading the popular Nintendo game-slash-fitness tool (oh, how we envy your self-control), you're probably going to want to whip up this tasty snack anyway. It's pretty delicious — not gonna lie.
Pokéballs are usually saved for catching characters like Charmander and Squirtle, but this time around they're going straight into our bellies. Whether you're hosting a hunting session, or just need some energy before your next big PokéGym battle against your local middle schoolers, this easy snack only takes a few minutes to prepare. (And you're sure to score major cool points with all your nerd friends.)
What You'll Need
Head to the grocery store — and keep your eyes open for a Bulbasaur in the produce section! — to pick up a few Pokéball musts.
- mozzarella cheese slices
- big beef tomato
- large pitted black olives (use sliced to save time)
How to Make 'Em
You don't need to be a culinary genius to create this masterpiece — all you need are layering skills.
- Cut a piece of cheese into the same size and shape as the cracker.
- Place the cheese on top of the cracker.
- Cut the tomato into 1/4 inch slices, then cut a slice in half to create a semi-circle. Put one semi-circle of tomato on top of the cheese on the top half of the cracker.
- Take a tiny piece of cheese and stick it on the back of a sliced olive.
- Set the olive in the middle of your soon-to-be Pokéball and line the middle with more cut-up pieces of olive.
And there you have it! You're officially a Pokémon (snack) Master.